Unless you are a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, you will need a student visa to study in the U.S. Contact the nearest EducationUSA advising center and U.S. consulate or embassy for student visa and application information. A list of U.S. embassies worldwide can be found at usembassy.state.gov.

Common Types of U.S. Student Visa:

F-1 Academic and Language Students

M-1 Technical or Vocational Students

J-1 Study Exchange Students
Basic requirements

To be eligible for a student visa, you must:

1) Have sufficient academic qualifications

- Have been accepted for a short-term or a degree course (the document required is the I-20 form sent by your college/university).

- Have sufficient scholastic preparation; useful documents include school transcripts, national examination results (HKCEE, HKALE, etc.), standardized test scores (SAT, TOEFL, etc.), and any diplomas you may have.

- Have academic commitment – provide reasons for choosing to study in America, your particular college or university, major, and your career plans.

2) Have enough money to pay for your school fees and living expenses

- Have capability to remain in school until graduation.

- Evidence can include yours and your immediate family’s social and economic situation such as proof of employment, property ownership, and savings.

3) Will return to your home country once completing studies

Have strong reasons for returning home, demonstrable by your family, social, and economic ties, and your career plans in your home country

Soure: http://www.educationusa.or.id/sevis_and_student_visa, Fulbright Indonesia