Founded in 1869 with a dozen academic departments and an inaugural class of 143 Southern Illinois University Carbondale now ranks among Illinois’ most comprehensive public universities. Each year, we welcome students from all 50 states and more than 100 countries who take advantage of outstanding academic programs as they pursue associate, bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral and professional degrees in law and medicine. High achieving undergraduate students may qualify for a merit scholarship and talented graduate students may qualify for graduate assistantship funding. SIU has been warmly welcoming international students since the 1940s. Many students study and acculturate in the Center for English as a Second Language prior to their academic studies.
On July 18 & July 21, 2013, Dr. Kimberly Leonard, Dean of Liberal Arts & Dr. Cheryl Ernst, Director, Center for English as a Second Language, and alumni - will speak to interested undergraduate students and parents about all that Southern Illinois University has to offer to Vietnamese students.
See us at:
- Ho Chi Minh city: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Thursday, July 18, 2013 at Capstone Vietnam - 212 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan Dist.
- Hanoi: 5 p.m. – 8 p.m. on Sunday, July 21, 2013 at Capstone Vietnam - 8C Hai Ba Trung, Hoan Kiem Dist.
Please register for the event by completing out the contact form
- Belongs to Tier One of the “Top Public Universities” in the US News & World Report’s “Best College 2011”
- A Carnegie-ranked research university, ranked in the top 4.5% of higher education institution by the National Science Foundation.
- Has faculty who have published nearly 10,000 journal articles, 700 books and 2,000 book chapters since 2003. They hold 48 patents for inventions.
- Offers more than 200 majors, minors, and specializations
- Has 454 Registered Student Organizations, including 173 that are purely academic
PROGRAMS EXIST IN THE COLLEGES OF:
- Liberal Arts
- Applied Sciences and Arts
- Mass Communication and Media Arts
- Education and Human Services
- School of Law
- School of Medicine
- Agricultural Sciences
THE CAMPUS HAS WORLD-CLASS RESOURCES, INCLUDING:
- The multi-million volume Morris Library houses extensive computer labs & study areas
- The Student Recreation Center, with an Olympic-sized swimming pool and diving boards, indoor tennis courts, track, basketball courts, and much more
- The academic and socially focused Student Center which has numerous study areas, restaurants, a movie theater, bowling alley, a pool hall, and an extensive craftshop
Situated between two major rivers in the U.S. Midwest, the legendary Mississippi River and the Ohio River, Illinois is known for its farmland, scenic bluffs, rolling hills, and, recently, for its wine and fruit production. Carbondale is named “The Best Small City in Illinois,” where students and residents can take advantage of its natural beauty and a mixture of national-brand stores and small shops and restaurants.
For more information, please contact:
Capstone Vietnam, Hanoi:
8C Hai Ba Trung, Hoan Kiem
Hotline: 094 2244 186
Capstone Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh:
212 Huynh Van Banh, Phu Nhuan
Hotline: 090 455 3459
YM | Skype: capstonevietnam